Today’s Photoshop Brushes are for achieving the traditional charcoal look in your drawings.
Press the Green button at the bottom to download the brushes.
For brush requests, ideas for future brush sets, or related questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The set contains seven different brushes:
- The first one is charcoal sketching brush. Works well for gesture studies, loose sketches or figure construction.
- The second brush is a pressure sensitive charcoal brush designed for drawing.
- The third and fourth brushes are soft charcoal brushes for shading your drawing.
- The fifth brush is for details.
- The sixth is for soft shading. It simulates rubbing graphite over your surface.
- The last one is for bold strokes and deep shadows.
Set a paper texture in the background and paint over it for a pleasant traditional effect.
Set your foreground color to black to be able to work within the full range of values.
For a more appealing effect use the brushes in combination with smudge brushes. You can find some smudge brushes here.